1. Go to Symbaloo.com
2. Click on the link near the top right to Create free account.
3. Fill in the requested information, agree to Symbaloo's terms and conditions and then check Create my account.
Now you are ready to begin! Log in to your account. Look at the tabs at the top of the Home Page. You may now choose from the following:
1. Utilize an existing webmix - Click on one of the tabs; and then select tiles of interest from the existing webmix (e.g. the Webmix Collection tab has a tile called iPhone apps. You may want to see if there are any apps with an educational focus that you can utilize).
2. Search the gallery by topic - Click on the link to Gallery at the top right of the page above the tabs. You can search the public webmixes using the search box.
3. Create your own webmix: Click on the link for Add a new webmix. Name it as you choose. Click Add. Now there are three options:
a. Click on any tile. A dropdown will appear. You may select Quick Start and add tiles for the most frequently used web sites.
b. Click on any tile. Type your desired site in the search box (e.g. Britannica). You will be offered a set of tiles from which to choose.
c. Create your own tile. You can do this by clicking on the link at the top right for Creating your own tile. Or you may click on an empty tile. A dropdown will appear. You may select click here to create your own tile. Follow the step by step instructions that come up.
Enjoy! Here are some links to information that may be of help.
Symbaloo User's Guide
Edutecher's Symbaloo Tech Tools